Hello guys, welcome back to Techatronic. Do you know how a water level indicator project using the ic 555 circuit works?
Well in this article we are going to make it using a 555 timer ic. Generally, water tanks don’t equip with a water overflow mechanism and it leads to a lot of water wastage.
So without wasting any more time let’s first understand the working of this circuit.
water level indicator working
- In this project, we are making a water level indicator project using ic 555 timer which can be helpful in detecting the overflow of water in water tanks.
- You just have to complete the circuit which is given below and places the wires inside the tank at different positions. When you start the water pump to fill the water tank the circuit will activate automatically.
- It will check if the level of the water inside the tank is full or not by means of wires that we place inside the tank. If the water level is low or moderate the pump will continue working and
- when the water level is full the circuit will cut the supply of the water pump and turn it off. You can also check the 555 delay timer with On/Off made by us.
- 555 timer ic
- Two 1M resistors
- 100-ohm resistor
- 1N4007 diode
- BC547 transistor
- Water pump
- Connecting wires and a breadboard
Circuit for Water Level Controller Using ic 555
Take a 555 timer ic and place it on the breadboard.
- Connect pins 4 and 8 together.
- Connect the positive and negative rails of the breadboard with the positive and negative terminals of the power supply.
- Now join pin 1 with the negative rail and pin 8 with the positive rail in this tank level monitoring system.
- Join pin 6 of the ic with the negative rail via a 1M resistor.
- Similarly, join pin 2 of the ic with the negative rail via a 1M resistor. Connect pin 3 with the base pin of the transistor via a 100-ohm resistor.
- Take a diode and connect its positive leg with the pin.
- Join the negative leg of the diode with the positive rail of the breadboard.
- Connect the emitter pin of the transistor with the negative rail.
- Now take a water pump and join one wire with the collector pin of the transistor and the other wire with the positive rail.
Extend the wires from pins 6 and 2 and put them in the water tank along with the positive supply wire.
Tie the wire from pin 6 on the top and wire from pin 2 on the bottom. Your circuit is complete now.
water tank level monitor Circuit
We hope that you liked water level controller using ic 555 and understand completely how 555 ic is functioning in this water level indicator project.
PCBWay PCB Prototyping Services
I have assembled the whole circuit on a breadboard. As you know breadboard assembly is not effective for this type of project. So, PCBWay offers Rapid PCB Prototyping for Your Research Work. I personally, recommend PCBWay because you can get your first-try boards right in 24 hours!
The prototyping stage is the most critical period of time for engineers, students, and hobbyists. PCBWay not only makes your boards quick but also makes your job right as well as cost-effective. This greatly reduces your cost and shortens the time for developing your electronic
PCBWay can provide 2 Layer PCBs to highly advanced HDI and flex boards. Even though the PCBs they produce differ a lot regarding functionality and areas of use. I am impressed with the quality of the boards, the delivery time, and the cost-effectiveness
Thanks for reading.
Latest 555 timer projects